Source: ZillowThis historic Tavern Island in Norwalk, Connecticut is one of the most unique and rare finds to be listed in the New York City area in 2015. This past May, the private island went to market listed for $10.995 million. The island is perfectly placed to enjoy sunrises and sunsets overlooking the charming village of Rowayton, as well as beautiful views of the lower Manhattan skyline. The 3.5 acre property is about an hour from NYC.
The plot of land was first inhabited by European settlers in 1651 and later became a popular watering hole for sailors who were celebrating their successful voyages across the Atlantic Ocean.
The island was formerly owned by showman Billy Rose and has played host to such legends as Marilyn Monroe and Barbara Streisand.The 3.5 acre island is home to a three-story 1900 Tudor home that boasts 6 bedrooms, 7 baths, 2 offices, an exercise room and steam room.
Here’s a list of what the property offers:
- A 1900 Tudor home with six bedrooms, seven baths, two offices, an exercise room and steam room.
- A two-bedroom, two-bath guest cottage.
- A boat house with a large game room, bedroom and bath.
- A tea house with nighttime views of the New York City lights.
- Two boats and a half-acre property with a dock and parking lot.
- A 75-foot pool that overlooks one of four private beaches.
Source: ZillowFor more pictures visit: Zillow