San Bernardino County spokesman David Wert said county supervisors approved the settlement with 30-year-old Francis Pusok in a closed meeting.
Pusok's arrest was recorded by a TV news helicopter and has led to an FBI civil rights investigation and 10 deputies being placed on leave pending an internal probe. Wert says the agreement would settle all potential claims from Pusok's April 9 arrest.
In an interview with NBC 4, Pusok revealed that he had been handcuffed for '99 per cent' of the beating and that near the end of the scarring experience a deputy whispered into his ear: 'This isn't over.'
When San Bernardino County Sheriff's deputies arrived at Pusok's house, he said he fled 'because any contact with police has been negative for me'.
As the chase was coming to a close about two and a half hours later, video shows Pusok falling to the ground as he is hit with a taser and two deputies approach. Read More